[Bf-committers] can we update ffmpeg to have RTSP support?

Fazekas László mneko at freemail.hu
Wed Jul 16 07:22:57 CEST 2014

I agree. For win32, besides of DirectShow, there is the simple old VfW
input. I think it's still working and it has a wrapper for DirectShow.
For OSX, the video capture is in the commercial version of Quicktime.

But there are incompatible hardwares with their own interface (for
example, BMD DeckLink). So perhaps a raw input through a fifo (named
pipe) is still a good option.