[Bf-committers] More tooltip suggestions

gandalf3 zzyxpaw at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 09:12:28 CEST 2014

While I'm thinking about it, here are some others which I thought could
use some improvement:

UV unwrap menu (U in edit mode):

     Unwrap: currently "Unwrap the mesh of the object being edited".
Since this operator doesn't seem to work in object mode, perhaps
something like "Unwrap the current selection" would be more appropriate?

     Lightmap pack > Pack Quality: currently "Pre Packing before the
complex boxpack"
This one doesn't mean anything to me. From this stackexchange question:
http://blender.stackexchange.com/q/13955/599, it appears that it
controls the amount of texture used by the UV map. Perhaps something
like "Higher values will use space more efficiently, but may be slow"?
I'm not really satisfied with my own suggestion, but I can't think..

    Reset: currently "Reset UV projection"
This is a minor one, but imo it's a bit unclear what it's resetting to.
I suggest "Reset UV projection to UV bounds" as an alternative.

--
-gandalf3