[Bf-committers] Mulltiview Status and Roadmap [proposal]

Fazekas László mneko at freemail.hu
Fri Jul 11 23:18:58 CEST 2014

I'm really waiting for this feature. I've some experience with
programming stereo view modes and perhaps I could help you in testing,
debugging and perhaps in programming too. Only I won't have enough time
before September.

As a programming experience, it is essential to get the viewport's pixel
accurate display coordinates. This is required for interlaced and
checkerboard modes. Also you need to handle the window reposition
events. I don't know how Blender handles these things now, usually this
is not important for normal programs.

I think the 3d view rendering should be as flexible as possible. Imagine
the monitor surface as a general plane in front of the eyes (not
perpendicular, horizontal, parallel etc.) Then it is possible to support
eye tracking hardware in a next step.

Bests,
Laszlo Fazekas