[Bf-committers] Any git suggestion to force the commit date to be correctly ordered when pushing?

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 17:22:38 CEST 2014

Hi,

>From time to time I forget to re-set the time of some individual
commits (git commit --amend --reset-author) and I end up with commits
showing up in the wrong order in bf-cvs list. (most recent example:
1aabbf8 and 92c8dd1). It tends to happen when I'm working in a branch,
and squash commits.

Can anyone suggest an automatic way of git to check if the date of the
commits to be pushed is in the correct order? I never used hooks in
git but I suspect this would be the way to go.

Or perhaps this is something to be handled server-side?

If the only issue is the order that bf-cvs uses to show the commits
than it may not be an issue. But I suspect it may lead to
misinformation in the future and could be avoided.

Thanks,
Dalai
--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto