[Bf-committers] Running Blender from Command Line skips Auto Execution of Driver Scripts

Chris Lee infin8eye at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 07:19:20 CEST 2014

Thank you for the advice, both on CLI and concrete info to be supplied for
a help request. I am new here.
Hi, by the way.

   1. What I did on Monday does appear to be the solution I need.
   2. What I supplied in my post was a breakdown of what I did.
   3. What I am looking for input regarding the solution I found, in case I
   have missed something.
   4. Also, is it a bug? That the Auto Execute scripts are not running from
   command line, when the option is selected and saved in the file, to run
   Auto Execute scripts on start.

For exact reference:

   - I was running this command: "C:\Program Files\Blender
   Foundation\Blender\blender.exe"  F:\mport\scanimport\avatar.blend -P
   "F:\mport\scanimport\new avatar.py" "F:\mport\scanimport\\".  Adding '-y'
   at the end solved the issue. I have yet to get confirmation from my
   programmer that it runs well in his system for what he is trying to do, but
   it worked on my machine. The script he is running will move control points
   on a human avatar to match body scan data. What I set up in drivers will
   adjust the head size and height based on the neck height.
   - The output I was getting that was messed up by the drivers not auto
   running it's script was to have the head scaled down:
   https://www.dropbox.com/s/mu7hex3r0rb2hkd/Screenshot%202014-07-09%2015.14.02.png
   - The correct output, which I got from adding '-y' is:
   https://www.dropbox.com/s/mu7hex3r0rb2hkd/Screenshot%202014-07-09%2015.14.02.png

Kind Regards,
Chris "*Chips*" Lee
Mobile: 0410155111