[Bf-committers] Mac OS 32 bit

Jens Verwiebe info at jensverwiebe.de
Fri Jul 4 20:21:14 CEST 2014

I decided to drop 32bit for some reasons:

-  there are only few very old machines not supporting 64bit
-  those have all VRAM hard to the limit to inoperability
-  32bit was never featurecomplete ( osl )
-  don't wanna do all work double for a neglegtible userbase ( 3 ? ;-)  )

32bit builds are still possible, but some libs we depend on start to give trouble in i386,
so in the future i may drop compiling all libs fat anyway.

Jens

Am 04.07.2014 um 20:13 schrieb Fazekas László <mneko at freemail.hu>:

> Isn't it a universal binary? Are you using xcode for compiling?

>> Hey,
>> we don't have a Blender 2.71 release for Mac 32bit on our servers? Is
>> that build missing or do we drop 32 bit there?
>>
>> If that's the case, the website should be updated, Mac maintainers
>> please report back here.
>>
>> Thomas

Jens Verwiebe
Allerskehre 44  -  22309 Hamburg