[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting minutes - December 29, 2013

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Fri Jan 3 18:42:24 CET 2014

On 01/03/2014 10:19 AM, Felipe Ferreira da Silva wrote:
> Hewi,
>
> Nice work on the BUI page.
> About the first issue "Toolbar is only accessible in the 3D View". Wouldn't
> it be redundant if you had two 3D view, and two toolbars. It could be only
> one toolbar for both views.
>
> News about TableGUI...
> I'm rewriting parts of its code. Most of the time rewriting the OpenGL
> calls, just to improve the performance.
>
> I have made a lot of changes since my last commit on the github page. I'm
> trying an alternative to FBOs that seems to be more powerfull, faster:
> glScissor, that do not require memory as FBOs do, and seems faster to
> render, since it is just an bitwise operation.
> The main loop was refactored, it runs at full speed, but the rendering is
> just called each 16.66 miliseconds, giving me about 60 fps.

Hey Felipe,

Check your commits I think you forgot to add files to the repo e.g.
GUI_notebook.c

What platform are you on? I've been trying to compile your code on
Debian Jessie now and then but the Makefile bugs me everytime.

I'm wondering what methods are you using for the application loop. I'm
seeing both SDL calls and GLFW but not where a framerate is set. Are you
using a sleep to force the framerate?

Rg,

Arnaud

--