[Bf-committers] numpy for 2.70

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 01:16:30 CET 2014

A while ago it was agreed that blender would bundle numpy, with very
positive response from some script authors and general agreement,

See meeting minutes:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2013-April/039809.html

Previous discussions on the topic:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2012-November/038215.html
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2012-April/036428.html

We setup scons and cmake to bundle numpy with Python, and now the 2.70
Linux build bundles numpy 1.80, but (unless I'm mistaken). OSX and
ms-windows still don't include numpy.

If there are no blocking issues - (we can't get numpy to compile for eg...)
I think its a reasonable target to have numpy bundled on all platforms
for 2.70, not just for Linux.

Added tracker tickets for this so this isn't overlooked.
https://developer.blender.org/T38791
https://developer.blender.org/T38792

Maintaining platform deps is often done by volunteers, so if you don't
have time for it, say so and someone else can try to fill in the gaps.

--
- Campbell