[Bf-committers] RfE: High-DPI Support on Linux for Blender

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 22:12:26 CET 2014

There is a bit of a problem, where anyone working on blender's UI who
doesn't have access to a retina display can't easily test how blender
will look (higher DPI isn't exactly the same thing).

For testing the new tabs draw correctly at different pixelsize values,
I used this patch on X11,
http://www.graphicall.org/ftp/ideasman42/PIXELSIZE_SUPPORT_X11.diff

Its handy since you can set to 4, and anything that fails to scale is
very obvious.

Not suggesting it should be committed, only useful for others testing
and working on Blenders UI.

Any reason not to expose pixelsize as a command line argument or
user-preference?

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 7:12 AM, Paulo José Amaro <pauloup at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you can't read the screen, open this file with Blender and type ALT + P
> http://www.pasteall.org/blend/27032
>
> Then you'll be able to read the screen. To make it permanent go to File >
> User Preferences > button  "Save User Settings" at the bottom of window.
>

> On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Thomas Dinges <blender at dingto.org> wrote:
>
>> File -> User Preferences
>> Go to the "System" tab there, and increase the DPI.

>> supported yet.
>> > Thank you for your answer. It may be nice, if you can explain me, how
>> > I should do set settings when the font is so small that I can't read
>> > the letters on the screen?
>> >
>> > Best Regards
>> >
>> > Jochen Schmitt
>>

> --