[Bf-committers] Modernizing Video Sequencer Editor UI

David McSween 3pointedit at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 03:22:13 CET 2014

The addition of audio controls for Meta strip is a 'very' useful addition
for video (synced) editing. That is, the ability to easily move video with
related audio (in sync) around the timeline.

Of course this is the suggested process for 'sync' editing in the VSE. But
it is quite hard to trim the audio, embedded in a meta strip, by animating
it's volume in relation to the previous shots.
You must edit a meta strip and when you do you loose all reference to the
other media and must use markers, this becomes messy very quickly.

This one change is very important for non-animation or mixed media editing
used in performance or drama work.

However there is a drawback. How would you determine the correct audio to
apply a volume adjustment to?
Proposal:
Can I suggest that the tracks inside, that carry audio strips, be exposed
as a volume property? That way you could fade the right audio component up
or down without changing all of them at the same time.