[Bf-committers] Modernizing Video Sequencer Editor UI

David McSween 3pointedit at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 09:02:33 CET 2014

Hey Paulo, this looks like a great proposal but I wonder if this is the
right mailing list. Where can the UI team be contacted*?*

*Quick response though:*
*1- The navigation tools from addon "Jump to Cut", should be VSE timeline
generic tools instead of strip specific.*
*2- Adjustment Effect Strips should have Trim options (start/end frames
etc.) as they are not locked to parent strip length.*
*3- Audio strips have more than one function (volume), Pan at least should
appear with volume. Pitch could stay on the input tab.*

*Improving user understanding is very important as the VSE is not like
other Non Linear Editors. But I wonder how your tabbed approach fits in the
preview window which also has a properties panel, which provides other non
strip specific functions (like proxy preview resolution, OpenGL etc.).*

*Cheers*
*D*