[Bf-committers] Camera options proposal (Cycles)

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Fri Feb 14 14:44:41 CET 2014

Distortion controls would be great, but as Sergey mentions this should
ideally be part of a system where you can have the same type of
distortion in compositing, tracking and rendering rather than
different settings for rendering. There is the patch to load such
distortions from files, but there is no standard file format for this,
so that makes it a specialized feature that few people would use. If
someone wants to add distortion then I'd first like to understand the
design for how it fits into compositing and tracking rather than
having two systems that we need to unify later.

The bokeh image you can kind of do with a plane in front of the camera
but it's more noisy than it could be. It seems reasonable to support
this (though I'm not so sure about node control, images and image
sequences would be fine).