[Bf-committers] Camera options proposal (Cycles)

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 07:31:17 CET 2014

The barrel thing you're proposing could work fro martistics POV, but it's
not gonna to be any useful for VFX pipeline.

Currently Libmv uses third degree radial distortion, and internally it's
also capable of handling tangential distortion as well. Further, in the
future we might look into supporting more distortion models which will be
presumably easier for inversion/calibration and so.

So if someone is to work on this front please keep in mind that Cycles are
to deal with different distortion models.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 6:08 AM, Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Robin,
>
> For your first option you may be interested on the following patch:
> https://developer.blender.org/T35428
>
> It adds the ability of adding a deformation map to your lens.
> It's not as neat as a drag & drop control, but it should be able to
> get to the effect you are looking for.
>
> Cheers,
> Dalai
> --
> blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto
> www.dalaifelinto.com

> > Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this proposal/discussion
> or
> > if the Cycles mail list would've been better, but I'd like to propose a
> > couple of feature/parameters for the cameras in Cycles. I'm posting a
> link
> > (Google Drive) to a short PDF I prepared with the proposal and interface
> > mockups.
> >

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9-4MQo-2HDqUVJvWmg2bEJTd1k/edit?usp=sharing
> >
> > Thank you in advance.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin