[Bf-committers] ED_area_headerprint guideline?

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 17:55:38 CET 2014

I prefer to have the operation first, then current state as "on" or "off"
or value in brackets if applicable, then a colon, then the keys (using "/"
if multiple). Separating each block with comma but I'd rather have some
nicer separator. And I'd only show the on/off state if it is a toggle, not
when it using a key as a modifier (since the user knows when Shift is being
held down).

For example the Knife tool is currently:

LMB: define cut lines, Return/Spacebar: confirm, Esc or RMB: cancel, E: new
cut, Ctrl: midpoint snap (Off), Shift: Ignore snap (off), C: angle contrain
(On), Z: cut through (Off)

I'd rather it be:

Set endpoint: LMB, Confirm: Return/Space, Cancel: Esc/RMB, New: E, Midpoint
Snap: Ctrl, Ignore Snap: Shift, Angle Contrain (on): C, Cut through (off): Z

A screenshot example:

[image: Inline image 1]