[Bf-committers] Addressing Vertical Tab Concerns - Followup

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Feb 10 10:33:43 CET 2014

Hi,

> Regarding 'giving it a rest' - that is what I did 3-4 years ago.

To be clear - I didn't say yo should rest the topic.

It's: "give it a break", and that means in english "allow it some time to mature and give people who work on things a bit of time to handle the topics".

>  That's
> approximately the last time I spent loads of my time thinking and writing
> down ideas in proposals for the UI.

I could only find this page, about horizontal tabs:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Proposals/UI/December_2010_-_Vilem_Novak

The fact nothing happened with the idea is just because it's not an idea everyone immediately thought of "brilliant, let's do it, it solves all issues". I think we can do better. :)

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute