[Bf-committers] Addressing Vertical Tab Concerns - Followup

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Mon Feb 10 05:30:46 CET 2014

Ok,
there was a bit of misunderstanding from my side.
this is from email in this list from JW with a topic called Addressing
Vertical Tab Concerns:

>I have updated my original wiki proposal with a section on *Addressing Tab
>Concerns: *

>If you have any other concerns I'll be happy to do my best to answer them
>and add them to the wiki.

I understood it that way that the place to discuss this is actually on the
wiki. So I wrote my part there. I didn't enter the other discussions.

Regarding 'giving it a rest' - that is what I did 3-4 years ago. That's
approximately the last time I spent loads of my time thinking and writing
down ideas in proposals for the UI. When I realised nobody is actually
reading this stuff, I really gave it a break, not wanting to waste more of
my time. I now use this "developer time" to develop addons for blender,
currently without any connection with the foundation. That's also why I
didn't search for any other place where the discussion is actually happening
and didn't know about it, I mostly only read mailing lists.
I didn't suggest BF should have more money  or people for this, there are
allready people perfectly capable of doing such work, but new features often
seem to be of higher priority.
I considered this as an opportunity to step a bit into the discussion after
a long time,and of course if there would be actually any reaction, I would
react and continue drafting things , that's what I consider helping
regarding design of UI.
Regards
Vilem