[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - February 2, 2014

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Feb 2 17:05:05 CET 2014

Hi all,

Here is a summary of today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.70 progress

- Planning is still the same! In two weeks we'll make release candidates.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- Release log in progress:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.70
GE LOD needs a doc still.

- Priority for everyone who works for Dev Fund or Blender Institute: bug tracker!

- Work on tabs for toolbar is in progress, it's being reviewed using developer.b.o site reports. Check for example:
https://developer.blender.org/D275  (Object mode)

- Proposal to cleanup panels in Image Editor:
https://developer.blender.org/T38371

- Campbell Barton would like some usability testing on a patch: Gesture based multi-button dragging/editing. https://developer.blender.org/D270

- Sergey Sharybin tested an update to latest Carve library. It supports ngons and edge data interpolation (like uv maps, crease) and will solve several bugs.
Almost finished patch: https://developer.blender.org/D274
Might go in 2.70 yes.

- Tamito Kajiyama: Freestyle API revisions are in git master; work on the Freestyle section of the 2.70 release log is in progress. Special thanks to Folkert de Vries finding and solving bugs.

2) Other projects

- Sergey: at some point next week developer.blender.org could be unavailable due to maintaince.

- Ton Roosendaal: we had a meeting here to map out topics related to the Gooseberry pipeline. Full report coming soon. No big conclusions, just a lot of work ahead :)

Laters,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute