[Bf-committers] Blender developers weekly meeting minutes, December 28, 2014

Jacob Merrill blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 18:56:52 CET 2014

Since I am on the west coast in the US, and my girlfriend has been I'll, I
was unable to make the meeting, I have been working on learning the game
engine code, and so has PGI, and HG1, is there any good way to have a game
engine meeting? Who is the module owner?

PGI is investigating using Ogre render in the game engine, however I think
that some direction to what he should do is in order, for instance,  would
the New viewport code be a better idea?

I have been looking into how bullet builds compounds, but I am just
starting to learned besides python and could use a mentor, I have yet to
even attempt to compile my changes..

Who originally wrote the physics system? Is there any way to have some of
the game object stuff get pushed into physics?
Like physics.setParent, physics.applyImpulse(object,vector,bool)

Instead of having everything so scattered?

I tried IRC but was unable to talk to anyone that works on game engine code.

Thank you
For your time
And a amazing program
Jacob Merrill