[Bf-committers] Naming of auto save files

gandalf3 zzyxpaw at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 11:36:12 CET 2014

Hm.. I'm not sure it would be very useful. Seems like it would be a bit
of a trick to decide what operations are "crash capable". For me at
least, Blender hardly ever crashes while rendering or baking (or at all
for that matter :D), whenever it *does* happen it seems like it's some
spontaneous and un-reproducable thing which seemingly could happen at
any time. Not to mention other problems outside of blender crashing,
e.g. a power outage.

I find that the normal auto-save set to 1 minute does a pretty fine job
of saving my work, my only problem is finding it without opening like
three different files.

On 12/26/14 23:13, Jacob Merrill wrote:
> What about something that you can check so it will save a revision (like up
> to x revisions ) before anything hefty engages? Like before bake, or render
> or cache baking fire etc?
> On Dec 26, 2014 11:08 PM, "gandalf3" <zzyxpaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I often end up searching through a small heap of auto-save files trying
>> to find the one for the file on which I was working.
>> Sorting by modification time doesn't always work, as I often have
>> multiple instances of blender running (and any one of them could have
>> saved)
>>
>> It seems like it shouldn't be too hard to append the relevant filename
>> to the names of auto save files. Does anyone else think this would be
>> useful?
>>
>> --
>> -gandalf3

-gandalf3