[Bf-committers] Blender 2.73 RC1 release AHOY!
sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 16:51:11 CET 2014
Yes, we do xmas present for everyone with RC1!
Information for platform maintainers:
- Branch: blender-v2.73-release
- Branch hash: 273fa0a4efa72457c22fb8e355895c98354b572b
- Locale hash: ca3f663ff4ac139f36f43647dc5cf481132fbed7
- Addons hash: e22da49ade4789cc6c39a78cc8fb0504ededa791
In order to update the git this magic sequence should work:
- git pull
- git checkout blender-v2.73-release
- git submodule update --recursive
Just to verify it's all fine (it's first time we release from Git tags).
Your head is to be 273fa0a4efa72457c22fb8e355895c98354b572b, and
`git submodule` are to show:
e22da49ade4789cc6c39a78cc8fb0504ededa791 release/scripts/addons (v2.73-rc1)
625d446ae8996ff1b3d660c44e2827fc832cf12b scons (heads/master)
- Numpy 1.9.1 is used for the builds
- Libs svn is up to date with the upstream
- Latest CUDA toolkit 6.5 is used (
- sm_52 Cycles CUDA kernels are enabled
- CYCLES_LOGGING is to be enabled (it is in default configuration, but
doublecheck wouldn't hurt).
Please note, it is a REAL release candidate. Meaning, if we do a fix, we
backport it to the branch and do another RC.
I would also ask to explicitly specify fixes which are to be backported,
that'd save us quite reasonable amount of time.
Also please note Git is considered frozen for until all the builds are up
(approx ~24hrs from now on). No commits are allowed to the master branch
for until unfreeze message is sent t this ML (expect this tomorrow
Keep usual naming of the archives and have fun! Thanks everyone for this
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin
More information about the Bf-committers