[Bf-committers] bmesh operators for Carve library

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 15:30:04 CET 2014

Hi,

Campbell started some experiments with using bmesh instead of carve for
booleans few weeks ago:
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/bmesh-boolean-experiment/

Think that'd be better to finish that work (initial results seems
promising) and use that code for CSG instead. Should be more
straightforward integration into bmesh py api.

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 6:29 PM, Dealga McArdle <tetha.z at gmail.com> wrote:

> For Sverchok we've had several requests for CSG boolean nodes, we already
> have several Python CSG implementations but they all have speed issues.
> Implementing Intersect / Join / Difference as bmesh operators could be
> really handy and let scripters execute the excellent and fast Carve C code
> instead
>
> bm_C = bmesh.ops.intersect(bm_A, bm_B)
> bm_C = bmesh.ops.join(bm_A, bm_B)
> bm_C = bmesh.ops.difference(bm_A, bm_B)
>
> Please forgive me if this had been requested already, I haven't seen
> requests for it on the wiki anyway.
>
> Kind regards,
> Dealga.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin