[Bf-committers] Input Method Editor Patch (D765)

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 10:00:39 CET 2014

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 7:46 PM, 裴雪柯 <yuzukyo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Julian
> If there has options, our community  will choose first one as you said.
> Don't worry about sideeffect with the patch,It's just change minor GHOST
> code ,and GHOST are not all of blender fuctions.
> And there haven't any evidence to show that with the patch- crashes and
> bugs are more and more. Because users still use the first version of IME
> blender which T.K. compiled at work,and It's stable enough.

It can be OK to accept features which are only working on a basic level.
But if there are bugs/incomplete parts of a new feature. We should
know the bugs which we are adding to Blender & accept them as TODO's.

To say "Its OK because it doesn't crash" is not re-assuring,
Please at least take the time to explain exactly what fails so we have
the possibility to fix.

Suggest for 2.73 release we should have minimum:

- Clear description of what is left TODO.
- User review from Chinese & Japanese users that its working on basic level:
  (that the feature is usable for text field input. even if not
working for _every_ IME engine, it should at least be functional for
one).
- Final code review that IME isn't causing new bugs for non IME users.