[Bf-committers] Regarding: Cycles support for specular color in solid shading mode

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 16:27:37 CET 2014

Alright, I guess that was just a language barrier here.

Don't worry too much about this amount of extra code complexity, I can
assure you there are much (like, much!) more complex corner cases in our
drawing code. While setting initial material colors to 1.0 would solve this
more elegantly maybe, it would also make everything brighter, which is what
the initial complaint was about. So while all this is admittedly slightly
crap, it is unavoidable crap, I just chose what I thought was the lesser of
two evils.

Anyway moving on, with new viewport this may not even be relevant
anyway...there might not even be "solid"
 mode anymore, rather workflow-oriented configurable shaders which won't be
tied to the material anymore.

Details will follow soon.