[Bf-committers] Regarding: Cycles support for specular color in solid shading mode

Thomas Beck software at plasmasolutions.de
Tue Dec 2 13:30:34 CET 2014

Mikhail,

First of all, I find your harsh tone inappropriate "...you chosen the
second worst possible solution". When I read your mails I always think we
have to defend ourself... that is not of any use.

On the topic:
- We are speaking of the default (no) material spec - what's the big deal
with it? When you got no material set up and it's looking exactly as in BI
- what's the problem then? That it looked differently before?
- An additional parameter and an if-clause with a multiplication should not
be considered as "complicated". So we should focus here on real issues with
the current solution and not on programming.
- For me and my co-worker is the current solution fine - when we need a
specless material we create a default one that we're saving with our
startup blend and use that on all our models - Blender is very flexible
here and easy to customize.

Many greetings, Thomas