[Bf-committers] Regarding: Cycles support for specular color in solid shading mode

Mikhail Rachinskiy wellmaderice at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 12:06:21 CET 2014

We have three solutions:
1. Leave it as is
2. Introduce an extra factor (as you did)
3. Make BI default intensity equal to 1, which will unify colors between BI
and Cycles, and then just darken default RGB values (which is the only
logical and simple solution which does not break compatibility)

Your solution leads to more complicated code and supports ridiculous way to
manipulate colors by additional factors instead by colors themselves.

--
Regards,
Mikhail Rachinskiy