[Bf-committers] building on windows weird things happen :(

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 16:40:32 CET 2014

Spent some time to get MSVC working today.

The issue was with extracting Python, committed fix, tested with
release and debug:
7d88f0ce4d2184ad7ee51c01babce4a76935de75

@Martijn, I didn't test with CPack, but the destination paths used
aren't absolute anymore.

Note that the default configuration still fails for me with LLVM
linking error, worked around for now by disabling OpenShadingLanguage,
We should resolve but I'm calling it a day for now.

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Gaia <gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> So here is what i found so far:
>
> 1. This revision works: bcbbc66795e221474f889b7ab9b7320948aefdec
>
>     I can make a fresh checkout/build and all runs well.
>     I looked into the build folders and i found a directory
>
>      D:\blendergit\cmake-build\source\creator\2.72\python
>
>     This directory is created during the build. As a sidenote:
>     The directorycontains subversion control files as well.
>     I guess that is wrong ? But it does not disturb otherwise.
>
> 2. All newer revisions do not build (having different errors.)
>
> 3. Actually the current master revision only has an issue when it
>     tries to install as it does not find the directory
>
>      D:\blendergit\cmake-build\source\creator\2.72\python
>

> 4. I found a workaround how i can get the current
>     master revision to build:
>
>      - checkout bcbbc66795e221474f889b7ab9b7320948aefdec
>      - make a clean build
>      - checkout master
>      - rebuild
>
> The reason for why this work seems to be that the first build
> creates the ...creator\2.72\pythondirectory. So when i switch
> to master and reuse the same build folder, then this directory
> already exists and the build can terminate successfully.
>
> Maybe that helps to find the reason why building does not work
> any longer ;-/
>
> -gaia-

- Campbell