[Bf-committers] Regarding: Cycles support for specular color in solid shading mode

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 11:15:37 CET 2014

Hi, due to the way material data is shared, such a unification cannot be
complete unless we have an extra slider for intensity, which I personally
feel would be redundant - color intensity provides a way to tweak the
intensity anyway so for materials other than the default it's easy to tweak
the result. What we could do is just make sure that the default (no)
material for cycles and blender internal look the same by introducing an ad
hoc factor of 0.8 for cycles. I wouldn't do it for all materials though or
we can get people complaining that their materials are not bright enough.
If more people really think the extra slider is necessary I see no big
problem with exposing it though.