[Bf-committers] No caustics

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Thu Aug 21 01:40:04 CEST 2014

On Thu, 2014-08-14 at 18:40 -0700, gandalf3 wrote:
> This has bugged me for a while now..
> Is there particular reason the "no caustics" option in *render settings
>  > light paths* is called "no caustics" as opposed to just "caustics"?
- was it a good idea to do it this way?
Not sure! you're right in that it seems like the logic is kinda reversed
on both checkboxes (shadow and caustics)
- is it a good idea to change it now?
Also not sure!!! can this be done and preserve compatibility with
existing files? If not, then I'd vote against this: too many files to
fix...(not to mention python scripts)