[Bf-committers] Fluid dynamic areas for development?

Alex Fraser alex at vpac-innovations.com.au
Thu Aug 21 01:02:59 CEST 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 5:27 AM, Daniel Salazar - patazstudio.com
<zanqdo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wouldn't call a barely tested particle fluid system "great" (SPH). It might
> be but we don't know from a coupe of simple demo videos, in fact I'm
> not sure why it's even in trunk
> since nobody uses it.

We use the Classical SPH solver commercially for manufacturing
simulations. It's accurate and flexible. Yes there are shortcomings
(such as having to allocate all the particles up-front), but it's
still useful and I can assure you it's being used in production.

Cheers,
Alex