[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting minutes - August 17, 2014

Martin Felke martin.felke at t-online.de
Mon Aug 18 21:28:43 CEST 2014

Hello,

> - Martin Felke will resubmit his redesigned fracture modifier - first as a design document to get approval in general.

i just wanted to give a status update of my fracture modifier and some
important links where you can find information, the sources and some
graphicall builds.

Firstly, i have added a (first) design document here...

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Scorpion81/Fracture_Design

Some time ago i also started a BA Thread on that subject, to collect
some user feedback:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?343637-Custom-Build-Blender-Fracture-Modifier

Here is the documentation (still a draft) about the current fracture
modifier:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Scorpion81/Fracture_Documentation

The github repo is here:

https://github.com/scorpion81/blender-fracture/tree/fracture_modifier_oldsim

And last but not least, here are the graphicall builds:

http://www.graphicall.org/1122 (Windows 64 bit)
http://www.graphicall.org/1123 (OSX 64 bit)

NOTE: both build entries now point to a Dropbox folder, which contains
the newest builds (win64, linux64, osx64) because i had some trouble
updating my builds at graphicall directly.

I have been working on this third iteration of my fracture stuff for
several months now. I started with the "Destructability Editor" Addon in
2012 and with my first modifier attempt in 2013.
I wanted to remind you about the fact that i still keep working on this
project and try to improve it. I also want to make it more compatible to
the existing blender codebase and this way acceptible.

I would like to hear your opinions, thoughts, comments, feedback in
general about it. I also would be happy about more user testing
feedback.

If something should be unclear in the docs or does not work as expected,
please post that in the BA Thread or send me a mail about it. I will try
to fix those problems / bugs then.

Thanks,

Martin Felke (scorpion81)