[Bf-committers] Camera clipping planes / Depth buffer

Igor Donevski igor at fxlab.hr
Sun Aug 10 17:58:44 CEST 2014

Actually I took another look at source and it seems to set glFrustum fine, however with metric and scale=1 it seems to prefer values nearing 0 for zNear. Setting the scale lower and upping the nearclip and farclip seems to help. I know depthbuffer isn't linear, maybe thats the problem? Maybe scale should be decoupled in the interface from the GL display?

I can say from experience with other software that setting the clipping range to for example .01-100 shouldn't produce zbuffer problems, but there is occlusion problems in Blender with such range.

Igor Donevski
Animation director

FX LAB
Mahatme Gandhija 1