[Bf-committers] [patch] About translating sequences in the sequencer preview by drag'n drop

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 06:57:10 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I did implement translating sequences directly in the sequencer
preview by mouse drag'n drop some time ago:
https://developer.blender.org/T34064

It follows blender convention (either clicking with your select mouse
button, be it right or left, or starting with 'g' shortcut. It also
takes the "release confirms" settings into consideration, and you can
constraint x/y, etc.), and works very nice.
Since I see that the blender project now migrated to a git repo, I
just tested with current git master code and uploaded an updated
git-formatted patch on the bug tracker.

Well there are more things that could be done. Maybe being able to
select views depending on where you click (currently it moves the
sequences selected in the sequencer view. It could be argued that some
people may prefer that way though), and also resizing/rotating.
But I prefer to wait for this initiale version of the feature to be
included before coding further.
Could this be reviewed? This would be awesome. As can be seen by some
comments in the bug tracker, I guess many other people may want this.
:-)
Thanks!

Jehan