[Bf-committers] FBX import support

Jeffrey H italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 09:49:31 CEST 2014

Unfortunately, FBX is currently the standard for the industry, which uses
pretty much everything except Blender. All Autodesk products and Cinema 4D,
Modo, etc. can use FBX, so that's what everybody's going to do. I believe
Collada is much older and Autodesk is neglecting their own support for the
format. Both are very inconsistent formats, but FBX seems to be more
prevalent today. I'd wish for an open format like Collada, but with current
standards that support most - if not all - of today's animation needs.

Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover