[Bf-committers] Missing: "/usr/include/python3.3m/Python.h"

Nkansah Rexford nkansahrexford at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 15:57:52 CEST 2014

I recently moved to ubuntu 14.04. I can't compile blender afterwards. It
says the error message below

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:2220 (message):
  Missing: "/usr/include/python3.3m/Python.h",

  Set the cache entry 'PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR' to point to a valid python
include
  path.  Containing Python.h for python version "3.3"

I went to see the /usr/include/ directory, and I only have these
python-related folders: 2.7, 3.4 and 3.4m but no 3.3 or 3.3m

I tried to install the python3.3 but got this message via apt-get:

Package python3.3 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  python3.3-minimal libpython3.3-minimal libpython3.3

E: Package 'python3.3' has no installation candidate

I went on to try installing the packages listed, and it won't let me.

Before my upgrade, compiling blender worked and didn't complain of
anything. I'm also asking from Ubuntu community where that folder is gone
to.

Has blender moved to 3.4 yet? If not, any workaround for 14.04 users with
no 3.3 include?

thanks
--
+Rexford <http://google.com/+Nkansahrexford> | Africa