[Bf-committers] Newbie Question. - Starting with Blender Development.

Kurt Weiss fundev at kwnet.at
Sat Apr 19 09:49:03 CEST 2014

Hello community.
Intodrucing me: I'm professional Developer (including C) but a Blender
Newbie.
Although programming is one of my main job, so Blender is a hobby for me.
After playing with Blender for about a 3 Months I reached the
limitations of the physics engine. (Animation)

So I looked for a possibility to extend modifiers of Blender with python
scripting but found that it's only possible to develop modifiers with
compiling blender new.

So here's my question:
*) Did I oversee a possibility to manipulate meshes per frame outside
modifiers compiled in blender?
*) Is there a good cookbook/example Code for creating modifiers for
blender? (Using Ubuntu 13.10) Tips? / compilers?
*) My plan is: Playing with Blender-Development, testing if it's
possible to write my ideas, on success publishing the source.
All in all i just need a little bit help and maybe contacts with developers.
If im on the wrong place here - excuse me an give me hints.

thanks.