[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - April 13, 2014
ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 13 17:34:47 CEST 2014
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.70a update release
- Still a todo: finish the log. Should be added here:
- Sergey Sharybin will update the bugfix page:
2) Targets for 2.71
- Bastien Montagne: FBX binary file export now works for animation!!
- Martijn Berger: The msvc 2013 builds for 2.70 seem to be good, let's plan having it as the official for 2.71.
- Tamito Kajiyama: a first round of patch review for Freestyle textured strokes was done. Some work is likely needed in the UI part, but this feature is a 2.71 target. Doc is coming, for now check the patch discussion:
- Antonis Ryakiotakis and Campbell Barton work on Dynamic Topo scultping, which get a nice speedup for 2.71.
- Dalai Felinto: Cycles baking is nearly done. I would like to merge it in master by Wednesday, so people can test it in master during Easters.
- The target list is now really final. We're officially in BCon2! Check the long list:
3) Other projects, Google Summer of Code:
- Candidate mentors: last day to review! Mail to the mentor list if you think the ranking is not representing the quality OK. Tomorrow final rankings is being defined.
- Gaia Clary: will keep working on Second Life support, but wants to step down as official Collada maintainer. Makes it an orphaned Blender feature... anyone to step in?
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers