[Bf-committers] I was wondering about sculpt mask operators, any plans to resolve the python access?

Igor Donevski igor at fxlab.hr
Thu Apr 10 18:32:05 CEST 2014

If not then,
I was thinking of adding a few additional operators for example:

bpy.ops.mesh.customdata_mask_to_vgroup(group)

where group is an optional parameter with the group to store mask in.

Also,

bpy.ops.paint,weight_sample_group_to_mask()

similar to:

bpy.ops.paint.weight_sample_group(group='DEFAULT')

but loads the mask from the vgroup.

As far as I could tell it isn't possible to get the customdata layer for the mask from python at the moment, I could be easily wrong.
If the customdata for the mask was available from python then this could be a simple script.

Igor Donevski
Animation director

FX LAB
Mahatme Gandhija 1