[Bf-committers] Question about external Blender interface

pablo / pablojmuratore at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 18:05:00 CEST 2014

Hi,

* My background:

I started using Blender a couple of months ago, I´ve been always a fan of
3D and Blender in general since I think it´s an excellent product.
I work as a Web and Android developer

* The object of the email:

Ultimately when using Blender, I thought about using all 5 mouse buttons
then it came to me that I have a Joystick with 3d movement and lots of
buttons would be interesting using it with blender.
Finally I came to the idea of developing an Android application to replace
the main use of the keyboard.

What I don´t know is if Blender allows any kind of connectivity out of the
app.
For example, it could use a port or something to which apps could connect
and send in commands, or something else you guys might think of.
The possibilities are really big since virtually anything could be used to
control blender.

I would like to know if this is possible and if there are already efforts
towards it, I couldn´t find any info on the Web.

If this is not the right place to post please let me know.

Thanks!
Pablo