[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes - September 29, 2013

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sun Sep 29 16:24:22 CEST 2013

Hi,
here the meeting notes for the developer meeting in #blendercoders,
irc.freenode.net.

1) Upcoming 2.69 release
* We will add another week for bug fixing and will evaluate the status
next sunday again.
The Bug tracker is at 127 open reports at the moment.

* Call for release notes:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.69
Every developer who added new features and did changes, should document
them in the release logs.

2) Current projects
* For 2.70 we will check on updating some libraries, like FFMPEG, OSL...

3) GSoC
* GSoC 2013 is over, the students got their results via mail. Public
announcement will be done by Google on Tuesday.
* Students who passed need to upload their code samples to Melange:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2013/codeguidelines
* For Blender 2.7x it would be nice to get some of the results into trunk.
Students and mentors, please communicate with each other and check if
your work is ready for review/merge. If mentors don't have time for
review, Blender Institute devs can help.

Thanks,
Thomas