[Bf-committers] Blender 2.69 testbuild1 AHOY

IRIE Shinsuke irieshinsuke at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Sep 25 13:17:32 CEST 2013

Taking about Bfont and Bmonofont, not the international fonts.

> As for international font i've made sure font licenses are getting coped to
> release archive which seems to be all right with font licenses.

bmonofont-i18n.ttf is one of the international fonts, so its license
file (LICENSE-bmonofont-i18n.ttf.txt) is needed only when WITH_INTERNATIONAL
is ON.

> As for bfont, it's license is also included. However, didn't see any
> requirements in cases font being bundled into executable itself. License
> might be enough, maybe not. Anyway, it was bundled like this since ancient
> ages and never caused issues.

In cases font is bundled into executable, the font data part of the
executable can be considered as a derivative of the font software,
so restrictions of the font license should be inherited.
GPL doesn't allow any further restrictions without additional terms.

> Anyway, it was bundled like this since ancient
> ages and never caused issues.

There has been the issue since ancient age indeed, but no one was
aware of that until I pointed out.

Ton, did you investigate this issue?

IRIE Shinsuke