[Bf-committers] Please update OpenCollada libs for Windows and Mac ...

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Mon Sep 16 11:29:36 CEST 2013

Hi,

Please update the openCollada libraries for blender
builds to commit version:

18da7f4109a8eafaa290a33f5550501cc4c8bae8

See here for details:

https://github.com/KhronosGroup/OpenCOLLADA/commits/master

The libraries need to be updated for following platforms:

msvc-8(32)
msvc-8(64)
mingw(32)
mingw(64)
OSX (build issues have been fixed as proposed)

For linux a script need to be updated
with the new Collada version number.

++++

Why again can't this procedure be automated ?
I think of something as simple as follows:

* in the blender lib repository we add a versioned file
    that contains the "officially used" commit version
    of the OpenCollada library.
* A build bot (we have build bots already, don't we?)
    reads this version file and builds the libs as
    needed and adds them to svn as needed.
* Whenever the OpenLibrary commit changes, the above
    mentioned file gets updated, and the build bot rebuilds
    the libs for all necessary platforms.
* Furthermore the linux script that is used to build
    the libraries during blender build on linux platforms
    can use that file as well instead of getting manually
    updated each time.

This would allow us to switch to a new OpenCollada version
by simply updating the version file and without asking the
platform maintainers to update manually.
And this would ensure that all blender versions on all platforms
always use the same OpenCollada library version.

-gaia-