[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [59848] trunk/blender/source/blender: Code cleanup: use boolean instead of int for colormanagement

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 22:48:28 CEST 2013

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the lengthy reply, please bear with me:

First, do you mind educating me on the practical differences on using true
over TRUE? I've never heard of an unsafe "int<->bool cast. (pure lack of
knowledge on my end here).

And if there is a relevant difference, can we decide on one of them (I
thought we had already, actually) to use across the code?

Second, the first rule of code style I've been using (and seem to be
reinforced by  Blender's guideline [1]) is to be consistent within the
file. Thus it strikes me as a strange procedure to do code cleanup in parts
of a file, but not in all of it. (but again, I may be ignorant on the
implications of using TRUE or true in different parts of the code). I can
also guarantee that a new coder looking at working in those files will be
just as confused.

Last and not least, it's not 'my branch', and far from me to propose
halting trunk development. But we are close to the conclusion of the GSoC,
and there will be a few more branches that will need to keep up with trunk
and may face the same situation.

All that said, I don't mind to even agree to disagree here.
I just wanted to voice my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Dalai

[1] "When making changes, conform to the style and conventions of the
surrounding code" - http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/CodeStyle

--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto
www.dalaifelinto.com

[re-sending as a clean reply because it was too big and held for moderation]