[Bf-committers] OSX Mavericks 10.9 (mostly) success

Jake Kauth jake at kauth.org
Fri Sep 13 09:25:39 CEST 2013

On 9/10/13, 2:11 PM, Jens Verwiebe wrote:
> For XCode5 dropped llvm-gcc complete, we are pushed to another solution, which could be
> Instead of using __attribute__((weak_import)) inside an extern "C" declaration, we
> should move these availablility checks to a discrete c file.
>
> I read clang trunk may already have a fix, whereas other say the issue still occures with -O2.
> My conclusion: lest check if a discrete C format file works here. Not too complcated.
>
> Can you or Mike try? I'am a bit short with time nowadays ...

Success!  I was able to factor out all of the "extern "C" calls so they
are in plain C files and no longer ObjC++;  I was able to successfully
build a blender weak-linked against 3DConnectionClient framework.

Here is a "pasteall" of the diff: http://www.pasteall.org/45558/diff

I'm using cmake and I didnt' try to build via scons on this machine, so
I don't know if changes to SConscript to build
libbf_intern_ghostndof3dconnexion.a library file are correct.

jake
*****