[Bf-committers] BGE: Removing Singletexture Mode

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 14:55:52 CEST 2013

> Is this for viewport drawing too? or only the game engine?

Initially, Mitchell's main idea was to remove it for the game engine. That
would inevitably affects the viewport code though).

My personal concern is to make sure people can still assign textures and
create materials 'as easy' as we had with single texture mode. I don't mind
if the OpenGL lighting is all _ARB and the rest of what Multitexture uses.
But I can foresee people complaining if now we need to create a new texture
for every single material of a game.

It may be simply a matter of having 'use_face_texture' on by default in the
materials. Or to create a new option in the UV/Image editor to create a
Texture from it (and assign to selected object/material).

Cheers,
Dalai
--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto