[Bf-committers] Patch to allow recording of static objects in game engine

James Yonan james at openvpn.net
Mon Sep 9 03:20:22 CEST 2013

On 08/09/2013 15:19, Bassam Kurdali wrote:
> At the risk of stating the obvious: this is not something that can be done with the new rigid body bullet integration?

Well this is really a game engine issue -- we want to be able to animate
a static object with a logic brick and have that animation be recorded.

We don't have any problem recording dynamic objects such as rigid
bodies.  But the problem is that if you put together a simple game, with
both static and dynamic objects, and if you try to record it, only the
motion of the dynamic objects is recorded.  This essentially prevents
any recording of games with static object movement.

And when I looked at the game engine recording code, it was very obvious
that it specifically doesn't record keyframes for static objects.  So
this patch adds a checkbox to static objects to tell the game engine to
record them.

James