[Bf-committers] Building error with mingw in Windows7 64bit

Jeffrey H italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 20:07:30 CEST 2013

@Antony R. -- A good way to avoid having to uninstall and reinstall python
is to remove python from your PATH variable completely, then add it to the
beginning of your build script. For example, this is my script to build
with MinGW-w64: http://www.pasteall.org/45387/text

That will call the proper CUDA SDK and proper python installation for the
builder. You would adjust it for your other python and CUDA installs, of
course.

Regarding the build, I have not been able to reproduce the error on either
my MinGW-w64 or MSVC 2008 builds, whether clean or not. Buildbot is no
example to go by for MinGW-w64; there's an issue with command line length
somewhere.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Antony Riakiotakis <kalast at gmail.com> wrote:

> Last error in 64 bit version looks like is due to temporary trunk breakage.
> Perhaps an svn up may include the fix it later. I will test the 32bit
> version later to see how it does. It's a pain because I have to install and
> uninstall the 32/64 bit python each time to test.

Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover