[Bf-committers] Steam-powered Blender

Jan-Peter Ewert janpeter at valvesoftware.com
Thu Sep 5 15:47:49 CEST 2013

Hi Jan,

I have a few volunteers from the community who would be willing to maintain the Steam store page and to supply the current version of Blender. If possible, I would like to have someone with direct ties to the foundation do it, simply because they probably know best e.g. what updates should be shipping and what news about Blender are worth sharing on Steam as well.

Doing this is not rocket science, the Steam backend now has a very simple and approachable user interface for managing content and we can support 32bit/64bit on Windows/Mac/Linux without DRM.

No, there is not a lot to be done, we just got a little backlogged because of Gamescom and the large number of new games we just allowed onto Steam at the same time.

Best, Jan