[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [59791] trunk/blender/source/blender/ editors/space_view3d/view3d_fly.c: tweaks to fly mode

Jace Priester jacepriester at threespaceimaging.com
Wed Sep 4 23:48:17 CEST 2013

Collaboration and "multiplayer blending" have nothing to do with a camera
movement mode. No one is talking about BGE or a game engine. We're talking
about how to move the camera about the workspace. That's all I have to say
about that.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Jacob Merrill
<blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ok, first things first,
>
> what you describe is called a game engine,
>
> Ton has talked about "integrating" a game engine in the BGUI,
>
> there is the BGE, which is like a "shell extension" of a few libraries and
> python handles,
> but it's not integrated with blender, it's like a seperate "app"
>
> I vote for both....
>
> as the BGE is better for some things
> whatever the end result may be I would like to see real time collaboration
> tools,
> (multiplayer blending)
>

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM, Jace Priester <
> jacepriester at threespaceimaging.com> wrote:
>
> > It would be fantastic for putting together walkthroughs of
> > scenes/buildings/terrain if you could record all the motion to a camera's
> > keyframes and then smooth/edit them. I don't think any of this has to be
> > implemented in C either. The Python API should expose plenty to do
> > everything being discussed here. I've done a bit with mouse- and
> > keyboard-driven viewport transforms already and this seems no different
> > implementation-wise.
> >
> > With bullet being integrated into the editor, I could even see there
> being
> > a possibility for walking on surfaces, jumping, and whatnot given a
> > predefined eye height. Beyond what is necessary of course, but that would
> > be very cool if someone wanted to fool with it.
> >
> > So shall we get an FPS extension started?
> >

> > On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 3:52 AM, Blender Attitude
> > <blenderattitude at gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> > > This was my very first request regarding Blender. Would be sooo more
> > > convenient.
> > >
> > > The other old request was to have handles to play with the
> size/position
> > of
> > > compositor backdrop.
> > >
> > > Blender is so powerful. But there are still a few "little" adjustments
> > that
> > > would make it intuitive.
> > >
> > > Anyway, we love it with or without that and we will never repeat enough
> > > times how much we appreciate your commitment !
> > >

> > --

Jace Priester
Threespace Imaging
jacepriester at threespaceimaging.com