[Bf-committers] A key map tweak for (possibly) letting LMB and RMB cooperate better

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Fri Oct 18 19:01:35 CEST 2013

@Bassam: I want to clarify that i did not propose to move
Select to the LMB.  I only showed how to add a LMB-Tweak
to move the current selection (which is an action).

I mentioned that this change would conform to the Blender rules.
And it would introduce an easy mouse based "move current selection"
without need to have the 3D Manipulator activated.

In opposition to that the current default settings RMB +Tweak
for "Select and move instantly" clearly violates the rules (although
it's a handy definition, no doubt).

@Brecht: You mentioned

"I'm sure the mouse mapping is something
  that will be looked into..."

This implicates there are plans. That sounds very promising.
How could we possibly see(and comment) on what you are
working and deciding regarding the topic of
blender/user interaction in general ?

cheers,
Gaia