[Bf-committers] A key map tweak for (possibly) letting LMB and RMB cooperate better

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Fri Oct 18 14:40:48 CEST 2013

@Jonathan:
Personally i like LMB+LMB more, maybe because
i am used to LMB for 3D-cursor positioning, so the double click
feels more natural to me at the moment.

@Mango Jambo:
My idea about the proposed change of the
key binding was not directly related to the RMB/LMB discussion
but to make Blender a bit more consistent.

Remind: Blender Philosophy says:

"One mouse button for Selection" and "One mouse button for Action"

Now Blender is by default set up with RMB-Tweak to "Select & move"
which is very handy but actually violates the Blender Philosophy (as it
currently uses RMB for "selection" AND "action" )

My idea of using LMB-Tweak for moving does solve this violation of
the Blender philosophy (action assigned to the action mouse button)

And as a side effect now suddenly the 3D View becomes responsive when
i do "LMB and drag" which maybe is almost what a newbie wants. And we
even could change the settings WITHOUT getting into the RMB/LMB
discussion :)

Well, ok, i agree that "select another object" still needs to be learned :)
but that is not the point here.

cheers,
Gaia